Wednesday 7 November 2012

1. Intro to Bliss

Bliss.
What does being "bliss" mean?
Bliss is defined as being in an emotional state of perfect happiness. This meaning feelings of pure enjoyment, pleasure, and satisfaction.

Life is fucked. Life is no walk in the park.. for most. There are some, I hope to be one day, that go through life enjoying the simple pleasures of every moment. These people, not only look into the setting sun and smile knowing it will rise again tomorrow, but go through the night enjoying it as well.

It is not easy, as someone I admire told me, "to get ahead of the curve". In fact, forget about getting ahead, most of us can barely even keep up. Be it financially, emotionally, or any other way. It is hard to imagine yourself sometimes, based on your situation to be ahead of the curve. Imagine, just for a second, what it would feel like to be so ahead in life that everything in a pure joy. Not a worry or concern on your mind.

A highway in the hills of California. 

Simply pure and sincere enjoyment of the present, satisfaction of the past, and no fear of the future. This is being bliss. However, before that can happen, you need to be able to get your shit together in order to get ahead. Fear not, it is rather easy considering the payoff's.

I would like to share a story with you. While on a layover in Singapore, I decided to visit the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum. Since I was there at such an off time, I was lucky that they even let me enter, even though it was technically closed to tourists. Since I was the only visitor there, I had the privilege of being able to have tea with several of the elder monks, whom I had a very interesting and informative conversation with.

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple in Singapore. 
They were all very interesting men, men whom, through a lifetime of hardship and experience, had gained wisdom to the means of which I have never seen. Never before had I meet people as wise as these gentlemen. After a few pleasantries, we somehow began talking about destiny and the path the universe had planned for us. I remember saying something along the lines of, "If there is a Path, what if we slip from the Path, how will we know, better yet, how will we be able to notice we have gone off the path and get back on?"

One of the statements I shall never forget was told to me by the wisest of the monks, surprisingly not the oldest. He looked at me and almost whispered in his thick accent, though I couldn't quite make out the beginning, what I caught was this, "...sometimes we may drift or slip off from the Path of life, but never from the journey. The universe conspires the reveal the truth, and make your path right, if you have the courage to follow the signs."

Why did I share this story with you? For me, it's beyond the actual story. The goal, so to speak, is that regardless of what you do, or how you do it, that you can succeed if you want to succeed. There is only one certainty in life. Death. That is the only certain thing you have. However, the road to reach that point is a journey. Not so much the destination as the journey that truly matters. Live each day enjoying the simple pleasures we take for granted. Finding simple beauty in a complex world is the key to being happy.

Look at this picture. What do you feel?
Warm? Happy? Simple beauty is everywhere.
Look for it. 

I ask you, not only to do this for yourself, but for those around you. Be that human that makes everyone smile and want to be around. It is people like us, those who want to please people, and do whatever it takes to help those we love. If this sounds like you, or intrigues you, I invite you to join me on this journey to better ourselves, help those around us, and to eventually reach a state of inner brightness; Bliss.







No comments:

Post a Comment